tirsdag 4. oktober 2011

IF; Hibernate


This week's topic is "Hibernate" suggested by Caitriona (http://www.flickr.com/photos/caitrionasweeney/).

“You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living. Then you read a book (Lady Chatterley, for instance), or you take a trip, or you talk with Richard, and you discover that you are not living, that you are hibernating. The symptoms of hibernating are easily detectable: first, restlessness. The second symptom (when hibernating becomes dangerous and might degenerate into death): absence of pleasure. That is all. It appears like an innocuous illness. Monotony, boredom, death. Millions live like this (or die like this) without knowing it. They work in offices. They drive a car. They picnic with their families. They raise children. And then some shock treatment takes place, a person, a book, a song, and it awakens them and saves them from death." ~ Anais Nin





Actually I had planed not to post any illustration for this week, but I couldn't refrain....
resist or whatever... I have no time for illustrating for the moment, but this made me hibernate. I had to be cured!
I made it quick. The face is mine from the beginning with filter rough pastel in Photoshop, the next layer is the cover of Isabel Allende latest book which I am reading just now, the pencil is an old watercolor made by my son, and the top layer is a cut-out from Internet adjusted in color by Photoshop. The bottom layer is red like red vine!
On my computer it is....



3 kommentarer:

  1. hi!!! and thanks for coming to my blog
    I'm not sure if I understood well your invitation: I have to take pictures of something that I see on october's 9 th? is it ok?
    let me know, I want to be in your challenge

    by the way, amazing you're reading isabel allende (I have one book from her in my night table, but haven't started yet.. for the picture you posted I could swear it's the same!!); she is one of my favourite writers, she is from chile, our neighbour country.. so far from norway!!!

    SvarSlett
  2. Dear Mysterious Lady,

    I am sorry i haven’t done much visiting, but i think of you!

    is this a self portrait?
    it's pretty :))

    xxoo

    SvarSlett
  3. taking pictures... taking pictures... on October 9.... ok.... can i take pictures of cats???
    i love cats.

    SvarSlett

Hyggelig at du tar deg tid til å legge igjen en hilsen.
Det setter jeg veldig pris på!
Alle kommentarer vil godkjennes før publisering.